Scorpion | Fiserv Bank Solutions
For the past seven years, Fiserv has successfully partnered with the Raikes program to design and develop software for internal and external consumption. Each year has been highly rewarding for both the students and the Fiserv team participants. Last year's team produced an Android application for setting up alerts for bank personnel to approve transactions. This concept is now being further developed and refined to become a marketable product.
Serving more U.S. banks and savings institutions than any other software and services vendor, Fiserv offers several core solutions, including the popular Premier® Precision and Cleartouch suites, as well as a broad range of highly scalable software and advanced consulting services to support all banking functions for financial institutions of all types and sizes, including core accounting, branch and Internet banking, business intelligence, risk and compliance, remote capture and transaction management, enterprise business process and content management. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Lincoln, NE, Bank Solutions of Fiserv employs 3,800 professionals worldwide. The company's software is built using service-oriented architecture, runs on the most popular hardware platforms, and is widely used in both outsourced and in-house processing environments. A business unit of Fiserv, Bank Solutions can be found on the Internet.
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a worldwide leader in financial services technology solutions. Ranked No. 1 on the FinTech 100 survey of top partners to the financial services industry for six of the past eight years, Fiserv drives innovation in solutions for Payments, Processing Services, Risk & Compliance, Customer & Channel Management, and Insights & Optimization. Fiserv is trusted by more than 16,000 clients worldwide including banks, credit unions and thrifts, mortgage lenders and leasing companies, brokerage and investment firms, and other business client. Fiserv has relationships with all of the top 100 U.S. banking institutions. Fiserv currently has more than 20,000 employees in 19 countries worldwide and was recently named on the FORTUNE ranking of the World's Most Admired Companies. Fiserv reported over $4.3 billion in total revenue from continuing operations for 2011. The company can be found on the Internet.
Bank Solutions of Fiserv seeks to introduce a new solution in the marketplace that helps the financial institutions anticipate customer's product needs in the future and the overall value to the financial institution.
The Scorpion student team will be challenged with developing an interactive application to project a customer's future value to the financial institution. This application will be a modeling tool that has multiple pre-determined paths for a customer based on the past and present products they are using in the financial institution.
The application will also enable the customer to view a 'mini' financial-plan that can showcase the range of future products and services that the institution can offer them. This interactive experience will allow for bank customers to visualize the impact of various products on their overall banking relationship.
The student team will be challenged with developing an interactive application to project a customer's future value to the financial institution. This application will be a modeling tool that has multiple pre-determined paths for a customer based on the past and present products they are using in the financial institution. Combining that information with past behaviors, current demographics and product offerings available from the financial institution to help predict what products they might require in the future and the potential value customer to the financial institution. The bank-facing aspect of the application will be geared towards a desktop interface.
The application will also enable the customer to view a 'mini' financial-plan that can showcase the range of future products and services that the institution can offer them. This interactive experience will allow for bank customers to visualize the impact of various products on their overall banking relationship. The customer-facing aspect of the application will be geared towards a mobile interface.
Time permitting, the solution may be extended to analyze the institutions product offerings and be able to simulate how to reach organizational goals. This will be internal-facing only and offer the ability for Fiserv to demonstrate how specific solutions can help banks achieve their targets.
- The team will be given some latitude to develop these applications using the latest security and technology trends which enable the most feature-rich tool set while compiling with the demands of security surrounding personal financial information.
- The Fiserv team assigned to this project will assist the student team to understand the current Bank Solutions standards regarding screen layouts, workflow, fonts, colors, et so this product will be market ready when completed.
- The presentation tier should be developed in technology that is transferrable across desktop and mobile delivery, such as HTML5.
- The logic tier should primarily be developed in .NET.
- The data tier should be developed in SQL Server.
Watch Raikes School Featured Videos
- About The Raikes School
- Jeffrey S. Raikes - 'The Business of Doing Good'
- Jeffrey S. Raikes - The Raikes School and Entrepreneurs
- Bill Gates - Co-Chair of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Evan Williams - co-founder of Twitter
- Larry Keeley - strategy consultant with the Monitor Group
- Sean Moffitt - co-author of Wikibrands
- Joe Moglia - Chairman and former CEO of TD Ameritrade
- Justin Hall - Freelance journalist, game developer and pioneer blogger
- Barry Uphoff - Managing Principal at Capricorn Investment Group
- Doug Burgum - Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
- Mike Betzer - CEO of Social Dynamx