The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management hosts an annual summer camp for current high school students. The workshop was highlighted in a February 2019 Forbes article, "STEM-Focused Summer Programs for Ambitious High School Students."
Innovate: The Raikes School Way and Girls Who Innovate: The Raikes School Way
Dates: July 12-25, 2020
Target Audience: High school students who expect to enter college in the fall of 2021. Those with limited or no computer science experience will be given priority. (Those in the high school class of 2022 may also be accepted on a space-available basis.)
- Stay in the Kauffman Center, home of the Raikes School in the heart of Nebraska's city campus
- Learn basic programming skills, primarily in Java, and innovation concepts through project-oriented curriculum
- Receive instruction from Raikes School faculty members
- Visit campus research labs and local businesses
- Explore Lincoln and the Nebraska campus
Applications are now available, linked here, and are due by Friday, March 27.
- Friday, March 27 - Admission and scholarship application deadline
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after March 27 if space is available
- Friday, April 3 - Accepted applicants will be notified
- Friday, May 1 - Full registration payment for accepted applicants due
If you submit payment and are unable to attend, we will issue a 50% refund of the registration fee if you notify us by Friday, May 15, 2020, and a 25% refund if we are notified by Monday, June 15, 2020. Refunds will not be issued after June 15, 2020, however major extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration when determining refund amounts.
If this opportunity is canceled due to COVID-19 concerns, you will be issued a 100% refund.
Questions? Contact Anna Pressler, Director of Recruitment and Student Success at the Raikes School at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-9097.