The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management hosts an annual summer camp for current high school students. The workshop was highlighted in a February 2019 Forbes article, "STEM-Focused Summer Programs for Ambitious High School Students."
Innovate: The Raikes School Way and Girls Who Innovate: The Raikes School Way
Dates: July 11-24, 2021 (tentative)
Target Audience: High school students who expect to enter college in the fall of 2022. Those with limited or no computer science experience will be given priority. (Those in the high school class of 2023 may also be accepted on a space-available basis.)
Cost: $1,150 (Need-based scholarships are available. Cost covers all housing, meals, instruction, and activities associated with the camp)
- Stay in the Kauffman Center, home of the Raikes School in the heart of Nebraska's city campus
- Learn basic programming skills, primarily in Java, and innovation concepts through project-oriented curriculum
- Receive instruction from Raikes School faculty members
- Visit campus research labs and local businesses
- Explore Lincoln and the Nebraska campus
Applications for the 2021 camp will be available in January 2021.
Questions? Contact Anna Pressler, Director of Recruitment and Student Success at the Raikes School at email@example.com or 402-472-9097.