The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management hosts an annual summer camp for current high school students. The workshop was highlighted in a February 2019 Forbes article, "STEM-Focused Summer Programs for Ambitious High School Students."
Innovate: The Raikes School Way and Girls Who Innovate: The Raikes School Way
Dates: July 10-23, 2022 (tentative)
Target Audience: High school students who expect to enter college in the fall of 2023. Those with limited or no computer science experience will be given priority. (Those in the high school class of 2024 may also be accepted on a space-available basis.)
Cost: $1,500 (Need-based scholarships are available. Cost covers all housing, meals, instruction, and activities associated with the camp.)
- Stay in the Kauffman Center, home of the Raikes School in the heart of Nebraska's city campus
- Learn basic programming skills, primarily in Java, and innovation concepts through a project-oriented curriculum
- Receive instruction from Raikes School faculty members
- Visit campus research labs and local businesses
- Explore Lincoln and the Nebraska campus
Applications for the summer 2022 camp will open in January 2022. Expected application deadlines:
- Friday, April 15: admission and scholarship application deadline
- Monday, April 25: applicants will be notified of admission decisions
- Friday, May 27: accepted students' full registration payment is due to secure their spot
Notes: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after April 15 if space is available. After Friday, May 28, 2022, unpaid spots will be filled by students on a waitlist.
Questions? Contact Adam Britten, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Outreach at the Raikes School at email@example.com or 402-472-0737.