Student Summer Workshop
The Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management hosts an annual summer workshop opportunity for current high school students.
Innovate: The Raikes School Way and Girls Who Innovate: The Raikes School Way
Dates: July 2019
Target Audience: High school students who who expect to enter college in the fall of 2020. Those with limited or no computer science experience will be given priority. (2018-19 high school sophomores may also be accepted on a space available basis)
Tentative Cost: $525 paid upon acceptance into the workshop (limited need-based scholarships are available)
- Stay in the Kauffman Center, home of the Raikes School in the heart of Nebraska's city campus
- Learn basic programming skills, primarily in Java, and innovation concepts through project-oriented curriculum
- Receive instruction from Raikes School faculty members
- Visit campus research labs and local businesses
- Explore Lincoln and the Nebraska campus
- January 2019 - application opens
- Friday, March 29 - Admission and scholarship application deadline
- Friday, April 5 - Accepted applicants will be notified
- Friday, May 3 - Full registration payment for accepted applicants due
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after March 29 if space is available
After paymentes are recieved, we will issue a 50% refund of the registration fee if we are notified of cancellation by Friday, May 10, 2019 and a 25% refund if we are notified by Monday, June 3, 2019. Refunds will not be issued after June 3, 2019.
Questions? Contact Anna Pressler, Director of Recruitment and Student Success at the Raikes School at email@example.com or 402-472-9097.